the other day, the lovely Zenobia from Entangled Words tagged me in the Ultimate Christmas tag, which was originally created by the talented Feminish. I feel so honoured to be tag and am excited to start answering these questions!
Here are the rules:
- link back to the original post (by femenish) when you have written yours and link back to the person who tagged you!
- tag as many bloggers as you like.
- answer the questions! If you want to you can make up your own questions to ask the bloggers you have tagged, or you can use these ones!
If you haven’t been tagged, you can participate in this anyway!
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
- Do you have any Christmas traditions you CANNOT forget about each year?
- Is there a song that just gets you into that Christmas spirit?
- What is your favourite Christmas movie?
- Which food is your must-have at Christmas time?
- If you had to choose between Michael Buble’s Christmas album and Justin Bieber’s Christmas album, which one would you choose and why?
- What is your favourite memory about Christmas?
- When do you start decorating your place for Christmas?
- If you were at Christmas Karaoke, which 5 songs would you choose to play?
- What are your top 4 Christmas movies?
- What does Christmas really mean to you?
- How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
- What do you think makes Christmas so magical?
- Share your favourite photo from a previous Christmas.
- What’s your favourite festive chocolate?
Alright, that was it for the rules and questions! Here are my answers:
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas? I absolutely love how cosy it is. Seeing all the lights in the streets, our Christmas tree lit up, our little Christmas village at home… I adore that! Drinking hot chocolate or tea out of a Christmas mug while visiting a Christmas market or just sitting at home in front of the tree, is definitely one of my favourite things to do.
- Do you have any Christmas traditions that you CANNOT forget about each year? My family and I don’t really have Christmas editions, besides playing Secret Santa each year. We pick a name out of a hat and have to buy presents for that person of a list that they have made themselves.
- Is there a song that just gets you into that Christmas spirit? ‘Beautiful Christmas’ by Big Time Rush. The song is about eight years old already, but it just has this lovely melody that always makes me happy and puts me into Christmas mode.
- What is your favourite Christmas movie? That’s a tough one! I’ve seen so much already in my life that I just don’t really know which one to chose. One of my favourites must definitely be ‘Christmas Mail’ with A.J. Buckley.
- Which food is your must-have at Christmas time? Definitely croquettes, because we always have them as a side dish for our main course in our Christmas menu!
- If you had to choose between Michael Bublé’s Christmas album and Justin Bieber’s Christmas album, which one would you choose and why? Probably Michael Bublé, because he makes the songs sound more Christmassy as Justin Bieber, whereas he gives them a more pop twist, if that makes any sense. I like both albums though.
- What is your favourite memory about Christmas? When we used to be younger, my siblings and all of our cousins would celebrate Christmas Eve at my grandma’s house together with the whole family actually. We would play games and eat, it was the best thing ever. We haven’t done that since my grandmother died though, which is kind of sad.
- When do you start decorating your place for Christmas? Normally the first weekend of December, but since we were out this year, we did it the last weekend of November.
- If you were at a Christmas karaoke, which five songs would you chose to play? Last Christmas, All I Want For Christmas, Shake Up Christmas, Santa Baby and Beautiful Christmas. All time classics in my opinion!
- What are your top 4 Christmas movies? I already had a hard time picking my favourite, don’t make me do a top 4! So ‘Christmas Mail’ for sure, ‘The Last Holiday’, ‘A Christmas Carol’ and ‘Love Actually’ are probably the ones in my top 4. There are just too many good ones out there!
- What does Christmas really mean to you? Christmas, to me, is the most important time of the year. It is the time where I genuinly feel happy, because of all the lights and pretty sights in the streets. It is the time where I can finally give something back to the people I love, because I am a person that generally has a hard time showing their feelings and I don’t really know how to show I appreciate someone. That’s why Christmas is the ideal way for me to say thank you to everyone that is important to me.
- How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa? I never believed in Santa, and that’s not because I’m a heartless person, that’s because Santa is not a tradition in my country. We do have Sinterklaas though, who I wrote about in Blogmas day 6. I stopped believing in him when I was eight years old, because someone in my school told me he didn’t exist.
- What do you think makes Christmas so magical? Definitely the lights and the general happiness among people in the streets. Everybody seems to be happier and kinder each other and I wish that could last a whole year.
- Share your favourite photo of a previous Christmas. That must definitely be this one! It was taken last year on the Christmas market in Essen, Germany, but I just think there’s something magical about the tree and that’s why it has been my favourite ever since.
- What is your favourite festive chocolate? My favourite chocolote is either from the brand Milka or the one we sell in our bakery. It’s home-made by our local chocolatier, so it doesn’t really have a brand name. But it’s definitely the most delicious!
So that was it for my Ultimate Christmas Tag! Thank you, again, lovely Zenobia, for tagging me in this. I had a lot of fun answering these questions. I’d like to tag Chloe, Ruth, Daisy, Geraldine, Veronika and Gitte.
I hope you all enjoyed this post!
See you tomorrow for another blogmas.
Lots of love,